A Ministry of Hope Community Church of the Nazarene, Oregon, Ohio

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Tragedy crushing the community

Yesterday, our hearts broke, they cried out in pain, in tragedy, in lack of understanding. The news that a young boy in our community had been hit and killed came crashing down on our hearts like bricks. If you were like me and many others, the tears began and just wouldn't stop. Romans 12:15 tells us to Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep. While I do not personally know Mrs. Takacs, or Austin, her son tragically killed, or the driver, Rita Grivanos or all of those involved including his dad and sister, my heart broke with theirs and continues to break today. And while I cannot pretend to understand their pain, I do feel pain for them all. There are few words that I or anyone else could possibly say to make this any easier to understand or any easier to deal with. There is a song of hope that I thought appropriate for everyone involved. My thoughts and prayers are with them. May God carry Mr. & Mrs. Takacs, their daughter, Mrs. Grivanos and each child on the bus, on His wings giving them strength to face each day.

0 comments:

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster