A Ministry of Hope Community Church of the Nazarene, Oregon, Ohio

Friday, October 19, 2007

Operation Dough-Nation

It has been several weeks since we began working with Panera Bread in Perrysburg to bring Operation Dough-nation to Oregon Nazarene Church. This new ministry has been such a blessing already, in just a short time. We would like to share a couple of brief testimonies about this ministry: "Our daughter has a friend who knows a family with 16 foster children and they would love to have some of the bread from Wednesday nights. Also, George asked his mailman who in his work neighborhood was in need and got two names. He went to their houses, introduced himself and distributed some bread there also. All three of these families were very greatful and would like more, so he will be picking up more this week."


"I took some bread to my neighbor across the street who has three little girls. She was not home the first night so I put in her door. Later this week, I saw her door open, so I went over and introduced myself to her. She was So thankful. I took her some more tonight. Again she was so thankful. This time I also included a church bulletin so she would know which church we attend."


"I picked up a couple bags of bread on Wednesday. One for me, and one for a woman I work with. She supports a family of 5 (including 2 teenagers) on her income, which is less than mine. It made her day! I have been trying to get her to try out our church, and she even said "you're gonna make me want to go to church!". Please continue this ministry, I really think it is a good thing."

Operation Dough-nation happens on Wednesday nights at Oregon Nazarene Church. Women's Ministries facilitates this ministry however participation is open to anyone. At 6:45 pm, during Caravans you can pick up a grab bag of bread, pastries, and bagels for someone you know could use it! Or for yourself! This is a first come, first serve basis. Please join us in blessing our neighbors! Also if you would like to serve in this ministry by picking up from Panera or sorting the bread - let Women's Minsitries know! We could always use the help!

1 comments:

pottker4 said...

This site looks great, I'll be visiting often!

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster